Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas already? Really?

Okay so yes, its that time again. I have been reminded numerous times that I have failed to update this blog that I promised I would keep updated. This is just too damn hard people! Justin how do you remember to update your blog so frequently?

The realization that Christmas time is quickly approaching came slowly to the Peddy household. We started out great for Halloween decorations and then Thanksgiving came and went and nothing was decorated. We did head down to Grandpa Bob and Uncle Eric's for yummy Thanksgiving grub. We had Turkey, mashed potatos, green beans, rolls and pies..all the stuff you would want on a Thanksgiving table. Except that Mom wasn't there to celebrate with us.

I did get to visit with her though before I left. Dad took me to visit her and this time it was a bit harder than usual. Had a few tears. I have been missing her a lot more lately and really could have used her wisdom and her hugs. Mostly I would just love to hear her voice again. January 18th she will be gone 4 very very long years and its unimaginable how long that is. My grieving comes in waves though. Sometimes I'm doing great and then other times I just miss her so much it hurts. Thankfully I have my wonderful Clayton there to comfort me and to tell me its alright.

We all got to see the cousins and we got to see my sister, brother Sean and my brother and sister in law, Joe and Karen. The Friday after Thanksgiving was so much fun. All the cousins got together and played and went to the park and just had a great time running around. I got some great shots of McKenna, Spencer, Sophia and Kara together which is extremely rare. Will post at the end.

The Peddy's did finally decide this year to enjoy to a fresh Christmas tree. We do have our beautiful artificial spinning Christmas tree, however, this year we all needed to experience the beauty of nature and the wonderful smell of a freshly cut Christmas Tree. And we are thoroughly enjoying it.

Since my last post, we have added a new member to our family, a nephew to be specific. Ashton Kristopher Marshall was born on November 11th. We get to spend Christmas with him and get to really know the little guy. Can't wait. Apparently big brother Aidan is more than protective of his little brother and has already picked out which toys he is allowed to play with and which ones he is off limits from :)

McKenna
participated in her first school musical. It was called Aesop's Fable and she absolutely loved it!! I was so proud of her. She knew the lyrics to each and every song and sung along so enthusiastically, it was so adorable. She even had a part at the microphone to sing a song with 3 other students. Exciting!

On an exciting Clayton and Stephanie front, we have decided to renew our vows. Come this March 7th, Clayton and I will be married 7 years and together 13 years. During the Thanksgiving weekend, Clayton asked me to marry him once again. And I couldn't be happier. These 13 years have been wonderful. We have honestly watched each other grow up, become college graduates, supported each other during tragedies, become husband and wife, become a father and become a mother. We have known each other since I was 19 and Clayton was 21. Have known each other a good portion of each others lives. What is so wonderful is this is a time to pause and reflect on where we have been and where Clayton and I are going. We feel it is also a wonderful example to set for McKenna, Spencer and Mason. Can you imagine a more beautiful scene than the kids watching Clayton and I joining hand and hearts as we affirm the strength of our enduring love? We can't either. We do not plan to have anything fancy just something very simple and small for us.

Hugs and Love to everyone. So the pictures are not uploading...dagnammit!! Those will come soon :)

Hugs to all

No comments:

Post a Comment