Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas just days away

and The Peddy parents do not have any presents wrapped.
Sounds about right.

Today is the first day of McKenna's Christmas break (well and Spencer's) for two whole weeks. So far so lazy. Its 11:24 and the kids are still in their PJs. Well Spencer is naked but Spencer is ALWAYS naked so nothing new there. Its freezing and wet outside and somewhat warm and toasty inside. Howls Moving Castle is on the TV and we are about to make lunch.

We only have 2 days left until Clayton is home for a whole week and a half. We are so excited. We hope to plan 1 or 2 day trips but as long as we together that's what counts. I wanted to take the kids to see a lighthouse along the coast as I have never seen one up close. I think it would be very interseting and fun for them. As long as it doesn't rain or isn't really freezing then I think it will be a blast :)

Last week brought new and exciting adventures for McKenna and I. We both ice skated for the very first time. McKenna's school went for their holiday field trip and it was soooo much fun. McKenna made me so proud. She went right out on the ice having zero idea of what to do and took it upon herself to get onto the ice and skate. Not scared, not timid, not at all. She actually skated, though fell alot, but she skated and had a blast doing it. I didn't fall once which I was totally amazed at. I wasn't even really wobbly. I didn't skate fast but then you know I'm scared of going fast on skates or ski's. So we skated for an hour and a half had so much fun.

Saturday, Clayton and I had a blast with our good friends, Jon and Kelly. We headed down to San Jose for our double date night. We decided to stay over and come home in the morning which worked out wonderfully. We checked out a restaurant that was featured on the show, Man v. Food called Iguanas because it was home to the Burrittozilla. A 5 pound, 18 inch, burrito!! We had to try it. So we split it four way even though Clayton wanted to eat half of it. He was banking on my remaining 1/4 of the burrito to make him full but I ended up polishing it all off. Yes I'm a pig but it was soooo good. We chose the al pastor meat and boy was it tasty. Their beans are to die for...

Yesterday McKenna and I made our annual trek to the El Campanil Theatre in Downtown Antioch to see a showing of The Nutcracker with Grandma Susan and our friends. We made it a girls afternoon and got dressed up to attend this holiday must see. The show was beautiful and made even more beautiful seeing little girls and boys doing a majority of the show. Wonderful dancers. McKenna, of course my little me, was more interested in socializing than actually watching the show. Had to nip that in the bud but overall she did enjoy the show. Her favorite part were the little girls dressed like gingerbread cookies. And the little gingerbread cookie who shakes her butt. Of course.

Well I'm off. I'm off to make lunch, mop the floor, Facebook of course and at some point during nap time, wrap presents. Now I just need to find the energy.

Until next time all.


No comments:

Post a Comment